Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Party Time!! (Part 2)

Before the guests starting arriving, we changed Caroline into her party outfit. I had a tutu dress with a dog applique (also wearing a tutu) made in the party colors. I did not try it on her before her party day, but thankfully it fit perfectly!! When we put it on her she got so excited!





We took a few quick family pictures before the guests starting arriving.


Since it was such a beautiful (although very hot) day, friends made their way outside to play cornhole and to play with the birthday girl!!



When it got too hot, Caroline made her way inside to show Raughley her sister Daisy...


to eat goldfish with Mimi...


and to play with Robert (who shares the same birthday!).

Before long, it was time for cake! I was hoping that Caroline would get messy with her cake and she didn't disappoint!









After cake, Caroline changed into "party doggy."




After an afternoon full of fun, the party came to an end. As guests left, we had "doggy bags" for them to take home. I baked and decorated cookies, which were quite yummy if I do say so myself.




After everyone went home, we were left with a mound of gifts, a book full of messages, and a lot of cupcakes! I am so happy that so many people came to share this special day with Caroline. I hope that when she looks back at her book in years to come, she will know how much she is loved. I hope that the signatures are from people who will also sign the guest book at her wedding one day. Adam and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful family and such amazing friends. We couldn't have asked for a better party for sweet one year old!!

No comments: