Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!

Precious Caroline,

I cannot believe that I am sitting here writing to you on your first birthday! It feels like just yesterday that we were telling friends and family that we were expecting a baby. It also feels like you've been a part of our lives forever. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a happy and healthy beautiful little girl. I thank God every day for chosing me to be your mommy.

The day has been filled with "this time last year..." stories. You woke up at 3:00 this morning - coincidentally about the same time my water broke last year. Although I normally love my sleep, I was so happy to have that sweet time with you this morning. Before you were born, Daddy and I had to go to the MEU three times. The last couple months before you came were difficult for me. On my forth visit to the hospital, the nurse said to me, "You are going to have a baby today! You'll be holding her in no time!" I was so excited - this was finally the day that I would meet my little girl. No more trips to the hospital where I came home empty handed. When I woke up this morning, I had that same excited feeling. I couldn't wait for you to wake up so I could hold you. (I may have helped in the waking up process...)

I've been excited about today but also a little sad. You are officially a toddler. Your infancy is gone. While you will always be my baby, to the rest of world you are not a baby anymore. You have grown and learned so much this past year and I am so proud of you. I couldn't be more in love with the baby you "were" and the toddler you are. The time we spend with you is the highlight of the day for Daddy and me. We love you so much!! Happy 1st Birthday!

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Jared and Elizabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINE!! Isn't it wild how quickly a year passes?!?! She is such a precious little girl!