Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Caroline was just getting over a virus so we kept it pretty low key. I had such big plans, but they didn't really work out. I had originally planned on taking her to the zoo, but we ended up doing yard work. I had invited family over to stay with us and go to church, but they ended up staying somewhere else and not going to church with us. While it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, it was still a perfect weekend.

We had a beautiful dinner at our house on Saturday. I wish I took pictures of the beautiful table but I didn't :( Since we're making dinner the night before a tradition, I'll just have to get lots of pictures next year!! We woke up early on Sunday to find that the Easter bunny came to visit!! Apparently Caroline and the bunny really hit it off a couple of weeks ago because he was VERY nice to her this year!




Only the stuff on the left side is from the Easter bunny, the rest is from grandparents and aunts and uncles.

After we let Caroline play with her new stuff, we got dressed and went to church.


(This picture was actually taken after church and brunch...so excuse how I look and focus on the adorable baby and handsome daddy!).

After church we met Adam's family for brunch at the Veranda. It was delicious!! They had live jazz music and they even sang to Caroline. Too bad she was alseep the first time she ever got sereneded! After a quick change, it was time to dye eggs! C was a little too young to really dye eggs, so I made an egg for her.






Egg hunt time!!

As you can see, we wanted a difficult egg hunt for Caroline :)


At first she just wanted to eat the eggs.



But she finally got the hang of it! She would pick up the eggs and put them right into the basket. What a smartie pants!!

She was doing a great job with the egg hunt until she came across her new sand and water table. Her grammy (my mom) gave it to her for her birthday. I decided to give it to her early since she's too young to really know what day is her birthday. Also, the weather got nice and I figured she'd love to play with it :) That thing is without a doubt her favorite toy. We don't have sand in it yet, just the water, but she just freaks out whenever she sees it!! Before we could even get her bathing suit on, she attacked it. What a mess!!





She was soaking wet within seconds. We stripped her down and let her have a blast. We discovered that she doesn't like the way grass feels on her knees. This is her outside crawl! I hope these pictures don't embarrass her one day :)




After saying good bye to everyone, it was time for a rest. What a long but wonderful day we had!! I just love this time of year and this year was even more special since it was Caroline's first Easter!



2 comments:

Kelley said...

Precious naked baby!!!

On Broadway said...

Love the sand table - that is how Sydney looks after she's played in it for the afternoon!