Thursday, August 26, 2010

One door closes...

Today was my last day at work. I have been excited about this day for the longest time. I have been in the same entry level position and have been ready for something more for some time now. I couldn't wait to do something bigger and better. So, one would think that today would have been a great day. I was quite surprised, however, to find that it really wasn't. It was sort of sad. I am not going to miss what I did on a day to day basis, but I will miss the people I worked with so much. I'd been there for close to three years - so these people gave me advice when I was planning my wedding, buying my house, and having my baby. So many big events happened to all of us while I was there. We became a family (albiet a dysfunctional family at times) and I will miss them. I know it's time for this door to close, I just wish that didn't make me as sad...

1 comment:

Adam Israel said...

I am so happy for you to be staying home. This is what you've wanted for a while now, and I am glad that you are able to devote yourself to this next role...which I know you will find extremely fulfilling!!

Just because you do not work at CJFS anymore doesn't mean that you can't stay in contact with the people who have become part of your daily life for the past 3 years. Call, go to lunch, take Caroline for little visits. Don't think of this as the end, just think of it as the beginning of a new chapter in the narrative of your life. Although the characters aren't necessarily the same in this chapter, they don't have to disappear altogether.