Friday, June 25, 2010

Post Partum Checkup

Yesterday I had my post partum checkup. This was the last official doctor's visit for me for this pregnancy. Everything looked good. I am just about a pound or two away from my pre-pregnancy weight and my blood pressure was great although still a little higher than it was before delivery (but nothing to worry about). I brought little Caroline with me so that everyone could see the finished product - and they all thought she was perfect :) I had SO MANY doctor's appointments while I was pregnant so it's going to be strange to not see them all each week! I really will miss everybody! While I was leaving several nurses told me that I need to hurry up and get pregnant again so that me and "my sweet husband" could come back and visit...all of the doctors and nurses LOVE Adam!!! Two of them even asked why he didn't come with me to the appointment yesterday! Why am I not surprised...

Adam and I were so impressed with UAB during this entire pregnancy/labor/delivery/post delivery/etc. The doctors and nurses are top notch and the facility is amazing!!! Initially I was sad when I got moved from St. Vincent's to UAB, but I would never have a baby anywhere else now (not that that is even an option with my heart...). I can't possibly say enough good things about them and I am so thankful that they got both Caroline and me safely through this journey!

Since it's all over (for now) we needed to celebrate!! Adam and I got to go out last night just the two of us while my mom stayed at our house and babysat. We went to the Rotaract social at The Club and then to the BSC Young Alumni Party at Rojo. It was so fun to get out for a bit and see lots of our friends. She also kept Caroline in her room last night and got up to feed her so that Adam and I could sleep a full uninterrupted night. It was wonderful!! Thank you so much mom!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Yes, you did have ALOT of doctors appointments. I am sure that everyone (doctors, family and friends) are glad that you are Caroline are healthy and doing well!!
First date night, so fun!!!!

Kelley said...

Glad you had a great date night!! And a full nights sleep, thats the best!!