Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Due Date

Today, June 8, 2010, was Caroline's due date. Today I would have been 40 weeks pregnant!! Instead, she is already 16 days old. She's had quite an eventful life so far :) Yesterday she had her first lunch date with her daddy. We packed up all her stuff and put her in her new polo dress (still too big, but she still looked adorable) and went to the courthouse to see Adam and meet the people he works with. No major meltdowns occured, so it was a successful outing. I'll post a picture of that later once my mom emails me the pictures from yesterday.

Today is also the first day that I am home alone with Caroline. My mom has been staying with us since my surgery last Sunday and left yesterday afternoon. Adam's at work so it's just the two of us (three if you count Daisy). The morning was a little stressful and I still haven't been able to shower yet - but I think we might make it.



Caroline really is such a good baby! We've been able to get a good amount of sleep - 5 to 6 hour stretches at night. She's been staying awake more and more during the day. She loves to eat!!! Here's a cute picture of her eating a bottle doing "praying mantis" arms. She seems to really like this position.


Daisy has been wonderful!! She really is a good big sister. She even gave Caroline a few kisses the other day. She is very gentle with her and very patient with us when we aren't giving her constant attention. She spends most of the day sun bathing.


Another cute picture!


I heard someone say the other day that having a baby is like always having a turkey in the oven - and I'm finding that it is true. Instead of constantly checking the oven, I'm constantly checking on the baby. If you notice a lot of blog posts in the next few days - that's way. I'm just sitting here waiting to hop up and check on her with not much else to do so I just blog!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

That praying mantis pose is absolutely hysterical-- loving it---

the first day is always the hardest-- I've found that I like to shower at night, just wash the kids off of me and I can take my time since Chris can listen for/take care of the kids-- it's nice to get into the bed all clean after being slobbered on, pooped on, etc,etc..