Monday, June 21, 2010

4 Week Checkup and Road Trips

Yesterday Caroline turned 4 weeks old (her one month birthday is on Wednesday). We had her doctor's visit today. She weighed 8 lb. 7 oz, putting her in the 25th percentile for weight. She is in the 75th percentile for height. She is going to be tall like her daddy!! I knew she was going to be tall - every ultrasound that we had they kept telling me that her limbs were so long! She got her second Hepatitis B shot too and she didn't even cry. Everything else looked great - except that she's been having some reflux. She got a prescription for baby Zantac and we were told that we could add a little rice cereal to her bottles. Has anyone else done that - if so, how did it work? Poor little Caroline has been spitting up more lately, taking longer to eat, and more fussy at feeding time. The doctor told us that it was uncomfortable for her to eat - which makes me so sad!! We're going to follow all the doctor's orders and hopefully she'll be feeling super in no time!!

Last week Caroline visited Huntsville and Haleyville for the first time. She and I went to Huntsville last Tuesday and returned on Friday. She got to meet lots of friends, hang out with her Aunt Katie, and do lots of shopping. I didn't get to take any cute pictures while I was there, but my mom got several so I will post some when I get them from her. On Friday we came back to Birmingham and then left for Haleyville (with Adam) for the weekend. While we were there, Caroline got to...

...meet lots of friends and family, including her cousin Emma.



...go on a stroller ride with her Daddy through her great-grandmother's vegetable garden.



...catch up on a lot of good sleeping.



And let's not forget our first baby...Daisy got to come too! She had a wonderful time going on walks and sniffing everything in sight!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

bless her heart-- and yours too...I've heard of alot of people doing rice cereal, but haven't done it myself-- you should come to mama & me tomorrow-- I'll bet someone there has!!

that pic of A & C in the garden is one to be framed for his desk at work!

Crystal said...

she is so cute!

lily B had a bit of reflux. she spit up non-stop until she was five or six months old. but, it didn't seem to bother her at all. so, not in pain. we never tried rice cereal, because i was exclusively breast-feeding. but, we did feed her less and more often. that seemed to help a lot.

best to you guys.