Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had the most wonderful Thanksgiving this year! Adam, Caroline, and I went to Charlotte, NC to spend time with my family. My brother and his wife live there and graciously allowed us to take over their home. We left Birmingham around lunch time on Wednesday (the busiest travel day of the year). Not such a smart move. We hit traffic several times. That's bad enough on a normal day, but it's even worse with a hungry baby. We finally made it, much later than planned, and were able to enjoy the rest of our trip.

The best part of the trip was that Caroline got to meet her great grandfather and spend some good time with him.



I have more pictures to post from our trip, but I have to go through them first. It was a perfect first Thanksgiving for Caroline. We missed Adam's family but we're so excited about sharing Caroline's first Christmas with them!!

In honor of Thanksgiving I want to say that I am so thankful for the wonderful family that I grew up in and also for the family that I was lucky enough to marry in to. I am beyond thankful for the friends I have (the family that I made here in town). You all make life a lot more beautiful!

Most importantly, I am thankful for my husband and my daughter and for the fact that I get to witness moments like this every day. I am so in love with them.

No comments: