Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog Readers

I started this blog at the beginning of the year thinking that our family members and friends could see what we are doing. With a new baby, it's hard to travel to see everyone out of town often (and can also be hard to see friends in town!!). I also figured that if no one read the blog, it would be a great book one day for Caroline (you can turn your blog into a book). I thought that I would blog during the pregnancy and then for her first year. I'll probably keep going since I'll do this for all my other children as well. I really didn't think that many people would read it though!! We found this fun thing that you can put on the blog and it tells you where all your visitors came from and when and how. We have had readers from 7 different countries and all across the US!! From Washington and California to Florida and New York, the Israel Family blog certainly has a variety of readers! It's a neat thing to see, but it's also a little creepy. We have repeat visitors from small towns that we've never heard of. We have a reader that doesn't like either of us so I guess she's just being nosy. We can see when people google us and come across our blog. I love that so many people care about our family (or just love to blog stalk) but I'm finding that I also hate it...I almost want to close the blog to the public and just have the people that we invite able to read it. I don't really want to do that, but I also don't want real life stalkers knowing what we're doing. Anyway, if you are a reader of this blog we would love to know who you are!! Since so many people are visiting, I'll try to keep up with posting regularly. Thanks for being interested in our family!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to know what that crazy app is that you installed to tell you all of that wonderful info! :)

Rebecca Beers said...

Hey Adam and Emily and Baby C (and Daisy!)! Just want you to know that I'm here keeping up - I'm not TOO sketchy, I promise :) but I am a bit of a stalker...

Jared and Elizabeth said...

I am totally stalking you!

Rebecca said...

stalker here! I love reading the blog, but Im with you on the mixed feelings about strangers reading it. Sometimes I hope they just stumbled across it on accident.

Kelley said...

Totally why ours is a private blog!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I am the creepster from Springfield, VA! All of our work IP addresses show up from there, but I promise, I'm in Atlanta :)

Cori said...

I think you know who I am.

I have had several people who have emailed me after finding my (incomplete) wedding blog, and I have been able to give advice to a lot of them about getting married in jackson. For a baby.... ehhhhh... maybe you'd want to block it, as long as you invite me.

Cassie said...

HACOT, nuff said. I agree with Cristin, what did you install to tell you all that stuff! I rarely visit, I just subscribe, does that show up too? Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Adam and Emily,
I am Kristy Robertson, I grew up with Adam and his family and I really enjoy ready about baby C and how she is doing...

Kelly said...

Hi Emily and Adam-i love reading the blog and hearing all about Caroline.
-Kelly D.

Olivia said...

I read the blog too, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that!!