Friday, October 15, 2010

Bad things...

...hopefully don't happen in threes!! We've had some not so good luck the past couple of days!! On Wednesday my stomach started hurting. I assumed it was something I ate since I didn't feel any worse. I spent most of the night throwing up. I woke up and felt okay, like I had gotten it all out of my system. Then mid day hit and I went from okay to miserable! I went to the doctor and I tested positive for mycoplasma. That is the walking pneumonia bacteria, but get this...the infection is in my GI tract, not my lungs. That's good in that I'm not coughing these germs all over people and infecting them, but I feel pretty miserable. After two shots and three prescriptions I am feeling a whole lot better.

Our second bit of bad luck happened last night. My hard drive on my laptop crashed. While a lot of the pictures were backed up, many were not and we're facing the fact that they may be gone forever!! I am just devastated. We're taking it to the apple store this weekend. We may be laying out some big bucks for a new hard drive (since it's not that old of a computer) or we may be in the market for a new computer and a new back up system. Luckily we have Adam's computer and my camera works beautifully so there will still be pictures. And yes Adam, I did learn my lesson and I will certainly be more diligent about backing up. Thankfully we have this blog where I have most of my favorite pictures recorded, so we will have them forever!! Thank you Kelley for encouraging me to start a blog!!!!

Hopefully nothing else bad will happen! What a crazy past couple of days!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Whew! Glad things are a bit better-- yes, the blog is a great way to back up! Take care!

Cassie said...

You should totally make your blog into a book, certainly this year, to have it forever too.

Here's hoping your bad luck is over!