Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our Guest Room

Several people have been asking for me to put up pictures of the house. I haven't done that because the house is still a work in progress (and it may be for quite some time). We've been doing a project at a time, but now we really have to focus on Caroline's room!! As more things get done, I'll give you all the house tour. I will give you a couple pictures of the guest room. It's nice enough for visitors - so come and stay with us!!

I wanted the room to be a golden yellow color. The carpet in the room is still blue (which will be replaced this year to a neutral tan-ish color) so the room is a Sigma Chi room. The furniture was Adam's when he moved to Tuscaloosa for law school. We still have a few things to do, like get a mirror for above the dresser and get new bedding, but other than that it's in pretty good shape.

Before:


Now: (I won't say "after" since there is still more to be done)



The white thing on the dresser is actually Daisy's tail. I will post some pictures of the nursery this week - the chair rail is finally all up!! Thanks to all who helped! We'll be working on getting curtains up and stuff on the walls while we wait for the furniture. Of course we still need to make that decision... It's coming along nicely but I just can't wait until it's all done!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

hahahah, I love that Daisy is in the picture! It looks so nice, thanks for the invite, I will come stay soon!