Saturday, February 6, 2010

Green Thumb

My mom has a green thumb. She has pretty flowers and plants outside and inside. I really wanted to be one of those people that could keep plants alive. When I was in college, my mom bought me a cactus...and I killed it. Right after we got married, Adam got me a fake plant. I am happy to report that it's alive and doing well :) I thought that now would be a good time to get some indoor plants and give my green thumb a second chance. This afternoon we went to Old Time Pottery and picked out a couple of pots and then we went to Andy's Nursery to get some plants. I got a beautiful bromeliad (which is related to the pineapple). I was going to put it on the console table in the living room, but I apparently got a large one - so we put it by the fireplace. It really looks nice and makes the room a little more cozy.




I also got a small rex begonia to put in the kitchen.



I'm going to get a couple more plants to put inside and hopefully by spring time they'll still be alive and I can start doing some work in our flower beds outside. If they're not alive...we may be hiring professional landscapers (or my mom!).

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I have a few palms, that I got from Lowe's last year for Mother's Day that have been pretty easy to care for and they look great too... and then I have some other things that aren't in the best shape....

Cassie said...

I love it on the fireplace, it looks so nice and like you said homey!