Saturday, February 6, 2010

New table and other fun stuff

I have been looking for a cute little table to put beside the chair in the nursery. I found a small pink table on craig's list that I knew would be perfect. The person we bought it from made it for her daughter's nursery. It's pale pink shabby chic. We drove out to Greystone this morning to pick up the table. It's so much cuter in person, but here's a picture of it.



We went to a couple of baby furniture stores to pick out the crib and dresser/changing tables. We found a few that we really like and now we just have to make a final decision. We have picked out a chair that we love and we just have to place that order. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have everything decided and ordered and we'll be well on our way to a completed nursery.

After looking at baby stuff all morning, we decided to check out some other stores to look for stuff for the rest of the house. We went to the new Antiques and Interiors store on Highway 31. I pass it almost every day and it was across the street from Storkland so we decided to check it and I am so glad that we did!! We found some really awesome stuff. We didn't get very much -but I can't wait to go back and get more! Adam has been looking for decanter tags for quite some time and we finally found a set! Although one of the tags had been stolen from the store, we still got them (and they gave us a nice discount). We also walked away with a small cheese dome. I may use it as my personal cupcake dome...



We found a really great corner cabinet that I wanted to get to put in the kitchen, but we don't have a way to get it home. I may try to bribe someone with a truck or SUV to go back with me so I can get it. I could have easily furnished my whole house and found art for every room there - but we eventually had to drag ourselves away (or Adam had to drag me away - however you choose to imagine the situation).

After that we went to "On a Shoestring" in Bluff Park. A couple of people were telling me about it recently so I really wanted to check it out. We didn't find anything we wanted, but it's a neat place so I'm sure I'll go back and see what treasures they get in. If anyone knows of any other fun antique, consignment or interior stores in Birmingham - let me know!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Past Perfect is in the Doug Baker shopping center down on 280, it's a great consignment shop for interiors...then there are probably 5-6 little antique shops here in Cahaba Heights where I've found a few things....
LOVE Caroline's (or are you calling her Caroline Grace?) table---

Cassie said...

Love the table. You certainly have a knack for putting it all together. I get way to overwhelmed in antique shops. I can't wait to see it all together, it is going to be awesome, for sho.