Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Little Prince!!

Today the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to their little baby boy!  It is a gloomy, rainy day here so we decided to stay inside.  I had planned on making a cake with Caroline, but I thought it would be fun to make it a birthday cake and have a little party in honor of the new prince.

We started off making homemade lemonade.  I am seriously addicted and I thought it would be delicious a good addition to the party.  It was fantastic, although a big pain to juice all the lemons by hand.  



Then we made a cake!  Caroline had been dying to make the funfetti cake.  She was a little disappointed that there wasn't actual cake in the box, but she still had fun.




Then we changed into our party gear...London t-shirts that my mom got for them last time she was in London.  Yes, I am that dorky.




Who is excited about the new prince???





We sang happy birthday, ate cake, drank lemonade, had horrible sugar headaches (really that was just me), played "party games" aka puzzles, coloring, and dancing, and then finished up the day with some laundry.  We sure know how to party, huh? 

Silly, yes, but it sure was fun having a party with my two favorite little girls!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Just hate that we couldn't celebrate with you, too!!!
Ive been on Royal Baby Watch for weeks now! It's so fascinating to me!