Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Funny Girl

Caroline is so funny and I want to remember all these adorable things she says at this age...so here goes another "Caroline-isms" post:

Caroline LOVES Ann Parker about 99% of the time.  She is always giving her hugs and kisses and telling her how cute and "awesome" she is.  But that 1% of the time, she wants to knock AP down.  We will send Caroline to time out and then try to talk to her about it.  When we ask why she pushed Ann Parker down, she usually replies with "Because I love her."

She wrote another new song and it basically just says this over and over for about 10 minutes, "You are not to break it!!"  It was inspired by me telling her to be careful not to break it (a picture frame).  She loves to use AP's keepsake rattle as a stand in microphone for these songs.

After leaving VBS one day last week she started to cry.  When I asked her what was wrong she said, "I just need Jesus and Sydney!"

Each night she sleeps with a lovie, a stuffed pink bear, a stuffed Mickey doll, a stuffed Goofy doll, and a bean bag Donald doll.  When she wakes up and comes into our room in the middle of the night she usually wakes us up and says, "Go get my little buddies."  As in - she wants us to go get all the stuffed animals and bring them into our bed too...nice try Caroline.  Back to bed you go.

She loves babies!  Now that AP isn't really a baby anymore she has started asking us for another baby.  She wants a baby brother and she wants to name him Stanley.  Sometimes she will talk to my stomach and say hi to Stanley.  She will also tell me how excited she is that Uncle Trey Trey will come spend the night when we go to the doctor to have baby Stanley.

One of her favorite activities is to go to Target and ride the "es-qual-a-tor"

When she does something she knows she shouldn't do, she will look at us and come put her hands on our face and give us the sweetest smile and say, "Don't be mad.  You are the best girl ever!."  Sometimes it works on us...

Sometimes Adam or I will start to sing her a song to get a laugh but we are usually met with, "Ssshhhhhh!  Ann Parker is trying to go to sleep!"  A lot of the time that isn't true, she just doesn't want to hear us sing.

We have been talking about moving in the not so distant future.  She will often hear us say things like, "In the next house I want ___" or "I don't want ___ in the next house."  She's been giving us her list as well.  We drove by the Shades Valley YMCA and could see the pool and the big water slide.  As we drove by she said, "I want that to be my new house.  I like that playground."

If you ask her what she is going to be when she grows up she says a giant.  Way to aim big!!

That's all I've got for now!

No comments: