Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Busy Weekend!

The Israel family had a busy, busy weekend.  I feel like I need another weekend to recover from last weekend.  At least it's a holiday week, so it's not quite as long.  Adam had to travel back to Montgomery last Wednesday to give closing statements in the trial he has been working on.  By Thursday afternoon he was headed home!  He took Friday and Monday off of work and we were so glad he was here!!  We spent Friday being fairly lazy.  We did some laundry and some cleaning and went to eat lunch at The Club.  We had a friend over to watch a movie that night.  I stayed up until 1:00 - which if you know me it quite an accomplishment.  I have actually fallen asleep mid-conversation with people past 11:00.  On Saturday, we got up and packed for the day and headed to the lake with some of our favorite friends.  There were about 10 kids and 15 adults.  It was so much fun - and I didn't take a single picture.  Boo.  We drove home that evening, grabbed the biggest and cheesiest pizza we could find, ate, and went to bed by 9:00.  We woke up again on Sunday and drove to Haleyville to visit with Adam's family.  One of his cousins was in town from Texas with her little girls plus several of his aunts and uncles.  All of the 4 children (Adam's dad and his siblings) plus 5 out of the 8 grandchildren were present as well as 6 out of the 15 great grandchildren.  It was quite a crowd!!

I didn't take many pictures on my camera and only a few on instagram.  Here are my silly girls running around Mimi and Papa's yard.  These girls love to play outside...and they are never still.


AP is into undressing her babies these days.


C was going nuts over that tiny green soccer ball.



We stayed until Monday afternoon and then drove home.  We got home in time to grab some Steel City Pops (totally necessary), grab some dinner (yes, dinner after popsicles), come home, bathe, and go to bed.  I was so exhausted, but thankfully I started the week on Tuesday and Thursday is a holiday.

No comments: