Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I have the next couple of days off of work due to Jewish holidays so I am using this opportunity to get some serious spring cleaning done!! After Adam and I found out that we were going to have a baby, we put "deep clean the house" on the list of things to do before she arrives. I've been busy scrubbing base boards, cleaning windows, wiping down walls - everything tiny thing you can imagine. I have to take a short break in a bit to take Daisy to her regular vet so he can check on her, but other then that I am just cleaning today!!

Last year during the Jewish holidays Adam and I had just closed on our house. I cannot believe that we've been here a whole year (although we technically closed on the 9th I think)!! We still have a long way to go in this house, but it really does feel like home! I cannot even count the countless dollars we spent at Home Depot/Lowes/Benjamin Moore, the many hours we spent painting, or the number of back and foot massages we gave to each other after working for 14 hours straight a lot of days! It's been a lot of work!! Happy 1st Anniversary house...I hope you enjoy the spring cleaning!! Here a few pictures of the house right before we moved in. I will post some "one year later" pics this afternoon (after I clean so it's all pretty)!!

The front of the house (and no...those are not our cars)


The living room (standing in the dining room and looking at the back door)


The dining room (check out the beautiful border...ha)

3 comments:

Kelley said...

You guys have done some work, but it is a great house to begin with too...will check back for more pics!

Cassie said...

Oh how I miss spending the Jewish Holidays with you! Can't wait to see how far it has come!

Adam Israel said...

I argued with Emily about keeping the border in the dining room. She begged and begged to keep it, but I said no. She's still mad at me for it. :)