Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I passed!! (and 27 weeks)

I took the second (long) glucose tolerance test today. I passed!! I am so glad that it's over. For the past few days I have been following a special diet (most of the time...). I couldn't eat from midnight last night until after the test today. They took my fasting blood sugar level - which was great - then I had to drink a HUGE cup of the "glucola." It was horrible. I thought I was going to throw it up but they told me if I did, we'd have to start the test over so pure willpower to finish the test kicked in. They pricked my finger every hour after that. All my fingers are now sore. I don't care what anyone says - getting your finger pricked is just as bad as having to give blood out of the arm. At least it's all over now!!! After the long hours of torture I got to have my regular two week check-up. Her heartbeat was strong and steady. I have gained some weight and now weigh 112 pounds. Caroline measured on the big size (but in the normal range). She is a perfectly healthy, strong baby!! Only 13 more weeks until her due date. Once it gets closer to time we'll have a better idea of the birth plan. I just wish I could know now. Will I be induced or not? Will I have a c-section or not? I am getting super anxious about the whole labor and delivery process but I guess there's not much I can do about that part right now.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

So glad that you passed--and you are so right about the fingers, I'd rather have blood taken from my arm all day long as opposed to my fingers!