Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. A whole day dedicated to eating and relaxing - what could be better? I've spent the 2 out of the past 3 Thanksgivings pregnant and I must say that a whole day of eating is perfect :) And after you eat, you get to start putting up Christmas decorations!! This year we had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We traveled to Haleyville to spend time with Adam's family. My sister tagged along with us and we were so excited to get to spend some time with a bit of my family too! We didn't see the rest of my family and Adam's brother didn't make it to Haleyville this year so we did miss seeing several family members.

Caroline got to watch her first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year! Although she's a little too young to sit and watch, she did get into some of the musical numbers and stop to dance. It was precious. She spent the rest of the time the parade was on running around the house. We had the most delicious meal and I know that I ate enough for about 3 adults. Caroline didn't eat everything, but she loved the sweet potatoes, ham, and Mama Lou's rolls. After wearing herself out and then stuffing her face this is what happened:




Looks like a perfect Thanksgiving to me! I didn't get a lot of other pictures since I spent the day relaxing and enjoying family time.

Sadly, I got sick Thursday night/Friday. At first I thought it was normal pregnancy sickness but when it didn't get any better I began to think I may have picked up a bug. That messed up our plans to spend Friday decorating the house. On the bright side - we decorated after the Iron Bowl on Saturday. We were so excited about the great win and had a great time getting our house Christmas-y so it worked out beautifully. Pictures to come soon! I'll also be posting C's 18 month pictures and 16 week belly shots and 17 week info soon. Stay tuned!