Thursday, November 10, 2011

Almost 18 months

No matter what I do to try and stop it, Caroline keeps growing up! Each new stage that she enters brings some challenges but also some wonderful things. At almost 18 months old, she is constantly testing the limits, but also constantly making us laugh. I wanted to record some of the things that she does so that we can look back and laugh again one day.

Caroline and Daisy are such good friends and it makes me smile. Caroline loves when we "chase" her around the house and always wants Daisy to do it too. Daisy happens to be one of the laziest dogs I know. We've seen her hunting dog instinct kick in over cats or deer...but over Caroline squealing and running - not so much. Caroline finally decided that she would carry food around trying to get Daisy to follow her. It works for all of 10 seconds until Daisy catches Caroline, grabs the food, and then goes back to nap. Poor Caroline gets so frustrated.

She is such a wonderful sharer, but lately has decided that some things shouldn't be shared. When we are out and she finds something that she likes, she'll put it in the diaper bag. I guess she wants to play with it later but to the rest of the world it looks a lot like stealing. We've come home with some silverware from restaurants on several occassions. She tried to take Raughley's ice cream toy last week. I never know what I will find in my bag!

She loves to take showers. If she hears Adam turn the shower on in the morning, she'll bang on the door to go in. At night I'll start the bath and she'll go over to the shower and try to open the door. When I try to put her in the bath she'll start telling me "no" and pointing to the shower.

She fist pumps when she gets something she wants.

She has a strange obsession with elevators. She gets so excited when we go in and she'll want to get down and dance. When the doors open she wants to run out and then go right back in and dance.

We went to visit a couple of friends last night who just had a precious baby boy. I was curious as to how Caroline would do since she'll have a little sibling of her own soon. She was fantastic! She wanted to hold him. She gave him kisses. She didn't get jealous when Adam and I held him. Hopefully that will be the case come spring time... I just cannot believe how big she seemed. She is becoming such a big girl!

I cannot believe that my baby girl is almost a year and half and going to be a big sister! I wish time would slow down just a little bit!

No comments: