Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pregnancy Differences

So far this pregnancy is very different from Caroline's pregnancy. Not harder or easier, just differnt. I started getting sick very early on with C. I always felt queasy but couldn't throw up. I felt queasy 24 hours a day and lost my appetite and also a bunch of weight. Since I felt so sick I suspected I was pregnant early on but I kept getting negative pregnancy tests. With this baby, I only got queasy a few times and it only lasted 20-30 minutes at a time. Just about the time I would think to myself, "I wonder if I'm pregnant" I would start feeling better and then days would pass and I felt fine. I did get some other early symptoms though - like headaches and heartburn.

I have been throwing up with this pregnancy, but not too much and it's always in the morning. I feel terrible for about 20 minutes and then I'm fine for the rest of the day. I couldn't stand the thought of anything sweet with Caroline and now I can eat sweets all day. This is great news for someone with a major sweet tooth :) I started showing very early this time around. With C, it wasn't until 22 weeks that strangers would notice that I was pregnant. This time, I had someone ask me when I was due at 6 weeks!!! Yikes! Possibly due to all the sweets I've been eating? (I'll post pictures this evening).

As for if I think it's a boy or girl, I just don't know yet. My first instinct says boy but that's only because I feel so different. With Caroline I had dreams that she was girl and she was and with this one I'm having a lot of dreams that it's a boy. With C all of the old wives tales said boy and we know how that turned out... With this baby, they are all over the place. Either way I think it's going to be wonderful! I'd love to have a boy so that I have atleast one of each but I'd also love for Caroline to have a little sister. Maybe we'll just have to have another one after this :)

Caroline has no idea what's going on and for now I'm thankful of that. Hopefully she'll be young enough to avoid any sort of jealously issues although I'm not holding my breath.

Stay tuned for tons of new blog posts coming later!! Also, take a guess about Baby Israel #2 in the baby pool!!

No comments: