Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Little Helper

Caroline is at such a fun age right now! She is learning so much everyday and sometimes that really works to my benefit...sometimes not so much. She will copy things that we do and try to say things that we say (not so much the word, but the inflection). Lately she's been helping me with laundry. I'll take a basket of dirty clothes and pour it out on the floor in the laundry room. I'll start the washing machine and put in the detergent and then Caroline hands me the clothes one my one. When they are all put in, she'll clap her hands and then I'll lift her up to see all the clothes and she'll wave at them. When the buzzer for the dryer goes off, she walks into the laundry room. I'm thinking that in a few more months she'll be able to handle it all by herself :)

The other day she was busy playing so I decided to start a load of towels. I brought the basket into the living room and went into the laundry room to start the washing machine. This is what I found when I came out.





I guess she wanted to help!! I know it seems like she's never wearing clothes - I promise that she is usually dressed! We've been outside a lot lately so she always manages to get wet in the baby pool or water table or in the dirt or drip popsicle on her so something. She's a messy little thing!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I am sure you know that this little girl looks a lot like Adam. But that first picture is 100% Emily look!

Kelley said...

What a great helper!!