Monday, June 20, 2011

Like Father, Like Daughter

It's official. Caroline has to have eye surgery! Her tear ducts have been clogged basically since birth. This is very common among infants. Usually 4 out of 5 kids won't need anything done as theirs will open by itself. Caroline is one of the lucky 1 out of 5 kids. Adam had to have the same thing done when he was her age. I took C to the opthamalogist today. He was so nice and spent forever answering my questions. After I talked to Adam about our options, we decided that going ahead with the surgery was the best one. It's quick and easy and the earlier we do it, the higher the success rate. If this one little surgery can prevent her from having several down the road then we are on board! I'm not thrilled that she has to have it done at all, but I really do like the doctor and trust his opinion so that makes it easier. We'll be talking to the surgery coordinator tomorrow morning to set the date. I know it's not a big surgery - but it's still a surgery and that makes me a little uneasy. Hopefully they will get it scheduled soon and her little eyes will be perfect!

No comments: