Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like a frustrating Christmas!!

Today was finally the day. We were going to put up the tree. I have been waiting to do it since Thanksgiving but Adam's work schedule hasn't allowed him to be around a lot since then. I finally gave in and realized that if I wait for him we'll be waiting all month. I was going to do it myself. Big mistake. We have a big artificial tree and I've never put one together. I put the wrong section in at the wrong time and I spent 30 minutes trying to pry it apart. I finally got it apart and got the tree up. Success!! Well, until I plugged in the lights and found that none of them work except the very bottom strand. So much for having a prelit tree... Now I've got to go to Home Depot and buy lights and then string them before I can start decorating. Is anyone interested in being a stand in husband do this for me??

I'm sitting here as frustrated as can be and I know I need an attitude check. I'll get lights and I'll string them like a champ. I'll get the tree decorated and everything will be fine. At least I have this little stinker to cheer me up!!


1 comment:

Kelley said...

You can so do it! This is the first year I've ever seen Chris hang one ornament.....he usually just carries the boxes for me, if that. I can't wait on him for anything!