Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

I just love this time of year! I love seeing lights up all over the city. I love all the holiday outfits that little kids wear. I especially love getting Christmas cards in the mail each day. I love this year even more since we get to share it with Caroline!! She's too young to grasp the concept of Christmas but she is noticing all the decorations. We put the tree up and once we got lights and ornaments on, she was in love!!

She thinks the little alpine tree in the kitchen is fun.


But she really loves the tree in the living room the most. (I'll take a better picture at night - the day pic doesn't show all the beautiful lights)


She's been reaching for anything that sparkles!


She loves the wreath that hangs on her bedroom door. She has to touch it every time we go in there.


She's been "talking" to the twig snowman, probably saying how much she loves Christmas!


Or maybe how much she loves looking at the hanging ornaments in the kitchen...


There's no doubt about it - Caroline is so excited about Christmas!!


Daisy is too...well, sorta.



I never realized how little time I actually had when I worked outside the home full time. The only day that the office was closed was Christmas Day (and it wasn't the most flexible place, so I worked Christmas Eve two out of the three years I was there). I have loved getting to do shopping during the day and doing fun Christmas activities with Caroline. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else and I am so thankful that I get to be at home with my little girl for her first Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

She looks adorable in he hat!