Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Silly Girl

Caroline is so stinkin funny these days and I wanted to record some of the precious things she does!

Last Saturday the three of us went shopping. I wanted to get a good idea of things that Adam wants/needs. He was trying to show me some shirts and ties. Caroline kept climbing in the window display and waving to people outside the store. Everytime I would pull her out she would throw a tantrum. Adam finally had enough and picked her up. He was just about to get onto her for acting up when she put her little hands on his face and said "hey baby!" to him. We just died laughing!

Up until last week if you asked Caroline, "Where is the baby?" she would find my stomach. Lately if you ask her, she will either say "Me!" or point to herself.

She has started taking an interest in picking up food directly with her mouth. I held out some goldfish so she could pick them up out of hand but that wasn't her plan. She leans over and eats them like a dog. She has also started doing this on her highchair. She was laughing at herself the other day and I said, "You think you're so funny don't you?" She said "Yes!"

I can have little "conversations" with her from time to time and occassionally they make sense. Here are a couple of examples:

Me: Caroline, let's get a new diaper.
Caroline: No.
Me: You need a new diaper.
Caroline: No.
Me: I know you don't want one but am I going to put a new one on?
Caroline: Yes.

Caroline: Where's Day-e? (Daisy)
Me: She's in her bed.
Caroline: Oh.
Me: Do you want to go see her?
Caroline: Yes.
Me: Are you going to be sweet to her?
Caroline: No.
Sure enough Caroline woke Daisy up by pulling her tail... At least the girl isn't a liar!

She knows a few animal noises. We've been working on them a lot lately. She would pick up a cow puppet and say "mmm" and then a duck puppet and say "quack." She would also pick up her baby doll and growl. Not sure why she thinks babies growl...

She is at such a wonderful age and I love all the cute and silly things she does!

No comments: