Sunday, April 28, 2013

Twelve Months Old!!!

Twelve Months Old - April 20, 2013




My TODDLER is now twelve months old.  I cannot believe that we have hit the one year mark so soon.  I feel like I deserve a prize.  I survived one whole year with two kids - something I have learned is no small feat.  I remember when I just had Caroline and I would talk about not having time to do things or how hard it was to get out of the house sometimes and mothers with more kids would roll their eyes and say "just wait."  I would get so angry, I mean I am a mother too.  I get up in the night, I prepare all their meals, I plan the activities...I am doing exactly what they are doing.  Right??  WRONG!!  Try getting up with two kids in the night, balancing a nap and feeding schedule of an infant with the increasing social schedule of a toddler, making adult meals, toddler meals, and infant meals three times a day, going to the zoo or McWane and having two kids wanting to do two different things and moving at two very different paces.  I'm exhausted just typing it!!  I get it now, two kids is harder than one.  I was expecting to be sad on the day Ann Parker turned one, but instead I was happy and so proud.  We all crossed a big milestone that day.  Enough about me though...

Ann Parker is a happy and healthy little one year old.  She pretty much walks all the time now, only crawling on grass.  She will say mama and dada.  She has been getting a lot more vocal lately and now that she's walking, I am sure the talking will follow soon.  She had a fever virus last week and we went to the doctor and she weighed 16 lb. 8 oz.  We won't go for her one year check up for another month so I can take Caroline in for her 3 year visit at the same time. 

She is wearing a size 3 diaper, a size 2 shoe, and mostly 12 month clothes.  She is drinking only whole milk and eating all table food.  Her favorite foods are peas, carrots, pizza, broccoli, and cookies.  The transition to a sippy is going very slow, but I am not worried.  She will get there.  Since she's eating more table food, her schedule isn't as predictable.  She gets up around 7 am and wants some milk in a bottle, we usually have a snack and a sippy cup at 10 and lunch with a sippy cup at 12.  She will take some milk in a bottle around 1 before she goings down for a nap.  The afternoon/evening is never predictable.  Sometimes she wants an afternoon snack, sometimes she doesn't.  Sometimes she is hungry at 5 for dinner, sometimes not until 6:30.  I'm working on that...  She will usually go to bed by 7:30 without any fuss. 

She loves the water table, instruments, anything Caroline has, any type of ball, cell phones, swings, music and dancing, being tickled, and her paci's.  I have been trying to not give her a paci during the day and that is going pretty well.  I dread the day we take it away from all together.

She is so curious and into everything these days!!  We cannot leave her alone even for a second.  She gets into cabinets, pulls things off of tables, etc. so fast.  She keeps us on our toes!! 

Happy 12 months sweet Ann Parker!!  We love you so much and can't imagine our lives without you.  You are one of our most precious gifts and we cherish you!






As you can tell, she doesn't like the sticker anymore.  Glad that's over with!!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I need to kiss that face!