Sunday, April 28, 2013

On the day you turned ONE

Ann Parker,

You turned one on a Saturday - a beautiful, sunny day.  The whole week before I soaked in as much "baby" time as I could.  You were the most wonderful baby a mother could ask for.  You slept well and ate on a nice predictable schedule.  You smiled often. You hardly got upset and when you did, you were easily consoled.  You made my job as a mother of two so much easier.  I just knew that I would be sad to leave those perfect baby days behind.  I was surprised when I woke up on that beautiful day that I wasn't sad.  I was so excited.  My perfect baby was becoming a perfect toddler - a phase in life that just seems to suit you well.  You walk around like a little champ and are starting to say more words.  I am so excited about entering this next phase of your life!

We started out the day with a yummy breakfast - waffles and strawberries, one of your favorite meals.

Then we headed to Wee Flip to celebrate Sydney's third birthday.  You loved crawling around and watching the big kids.

After we left the party, we met Daddy for lunch.  We had Mexican at La Bamba - one of your favorites (and mine too).  We went to Sikes to pick out your first pair of shoes.  You got some silver sandals (you were clearly inspired by Sydney and Brooklyn).  They are precious.  

We walked around the corner to Savages to get a yummy cookie.  You loved it!!



Then we came home and gave you your big present - this awesome new car!!  









We went out to dinner at The Club.  You ate pizza - one of your favorite foods.  You also enjoyed some ice cream for dessert :)  

I am so proud to call you my daughter.  I remember being worried about how I could love another child as much as I love your sister.  I am sure this is a normal fear that second time mothers have.  From the second you were born, I never had that worry again.  I loved you just as much from your very first second on this earth. 

The day you were born was one of the best days of my life and I will always cherish those precious first moments I had with you.  This year has been filled with tons of special moments as well.  The first time you ate solid food, your first halloween, your first Thanksgiving and Christmas, the first time you crawled and walked, the first time you gave me a kiss and said mama - all moments that I will hold dear in my heart forever.  

I hope you always know how much we love you and that you always have a place in this family.  You fill a void that we didn't know we had.  The day you turned one was a wonderful day, as I am sure the days that follow will be as well!  I love you!

No comments: