Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Busy Bag

Last Saturday, Ann Parker and I went to a busy bag exchange.  C wanted to stay home with Daddy.  A friend had organized a list of activities for toddlers and then invited people to choose an activity.  13 people signed up, so we each made 13 of whatever activity we chose.  Then last Saturday, we all met and exchanged our activities so we left with 13 different things. 

So many things looked great, but I chose moon sand.  It was the only thing that looked easy enough (albiet messy) that I could do in an afternoon and cost effective enough that I didn't mind making tons of it.  While it was so fun right after I made it, it didn't last very long.  It dried up quickly and although you only have to revive with water, I didn't feel like doing that every time we wanted to play.  So....moral of the story, make in an afternoon and then toss.  If you like (which my girls LOVE) buy moon sand at the store so you don't have to make it new or revive each time you want to play.  Not cost effective to buy for 13 kids, but totally worth it for two :)

Here's the recipe for homemade moon sand:

3 cups cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
6 cups sand

Mix cornstarch and water until smooth.  Add sand in one cup at a time.  Store in airtight container/enjoy!

All my moon sand ready to go!!



Ann Parker enjoyed pulling out all of Brooklyn's wipes...we will get y'all some more wipes since I am pretty sure she went through your entire pack!!!



Seriously, if you want to get her a gift - go for wipes.



When we were done, we had such fun stuff!!  I only took a picture of a few but we got a geoboard, lacing shapes, velcro shades of color, play doh mats, I Spy bottle, popsicle stick puzzles, and a bunch of other things.  I may go back and make a few more :)  We went out to eat on Sunday and I brought the busy bag.  When Caroline started to get antsy and wanted to get up, I pulled out an activity and just like that - she sat and played.  So far we are loving our busy bag!!

No comments: