Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2 1/4 Years Old

I was going to wait and do a 2 1/2 year post, but so much has changed since she turned 2 that I thought I would do one now as well!!

Caroline at 2 1/4 years old


Caroline is such a little stinker these days!!  She is busy, busy and into everything.  Her favorite things to do are puzzles, color, play with stickers, anything outside, jump, read, and watch Mickey - although she's almost equally into Backyardigans these days.  Her favorite book is Madeline.  Oh this girl loves to read!!  We have so many books out each day and she'll just look through every single one.  I hope she always loves to read this much!

She knows several shapes, all her colors, all the numbers and can count to 12 unassisted, and lots of animals.  Her vocabulary seriously grows every day.  We were watching a movie yesterday and she said, "Rescue Minnie?"  They didn't say that word in the movie, she was asking if they were going to rescue her.  How does she know what 'rescue' means?  Smartie pants!  Caroline likes to tell what everything is as she sees it.  Our car ride often goes like this, "The black car.  The tree. The house. The tree.  The tree. The road. The house. The white car. The sun...." She will often do that until we get to our destination, no matter how far away that is. 

She starts school in a couple of weeks and she is excited!!  I asked who was going to be in her class and she said, "Mickey, Minnie, Trey (one of our friends)."  Yesterday she said, "Sydney (possibly yes) and Papa (definitely not)." I know that she is going to love school.  She will be going 3 days so this is a big adjustment for her. 

I love that we are able to have conversations with her now.  After explaining Christmas to her, I asked what she wanted to ask for.  She said, "Elmo book, Elmo plane, cream cone."  Even a week later she will still say the same three things!  I can't wait to see what Santa brings :)

She loves playing with other kids and looks forward to playdates.  We had some friends over for dinner last weekend.  I told her that two friends were coming and she needed to be a sweet girl.  As soon as they to our house, she ran up and gave the little boy a hug.  Keep in mind, this was the first time they had really played together.  It was so sweet!!  Every day she asks, "I go to Sydney's house?"  or "Where's Ra Ra?"  It will be so fun to watch these little ones grow up together!

Her favorite foods are pancakes, edamame, anything sweet, all fruit, cheese, broccoli, beans, and pickles.  Last night we were putting C to bed and she said, "Awww pickle. Pickle, pickle, pickle, pickle, pickle..."  We were dying laughing!!  She was just sitting there yelling 'pickle' over and over and we have no idea why! 

Yesterday I was getting dressed while C was watching the last couple minutes of a Mickey.  When that is over, Doc McStuffins comes on.  While watching that C said, "Check Baby."  I said, "Baby is fine.  She's right here."  Caroline ran to her room and got out her doctor kit.  She took the stethoscope and put it on AP's head.  And then said, "Baby's heart"  She moved it to AP's chest and said, "Awww, no heart."  After that she just walked away.  It was too funny.  I know I say every stage is my favorite, but this one may actually be my favorite!! :)

Caroline, you are the sweetest, smartest, cutest little girl I know and I am so lucky to be your mommy!!  We are all so proud of the precious little girl you are becoming.  We love you to the moon and back!!! 

No comments: