Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

I spent a good part of the day taking down all the Christmas decorations and putting our house back to normal. It's always a little sad to take all the stuff down, but it's also really nice to feel like we're starting a new year fresh! 2010 was such a wonderful year! Lots of big things happened in the Israel household.
January - found out that our baby was a girl!!
February - announced that our little girl was going to be named Caroline Grace
March - furniture arrived and little C's room was nearly completed
April - had some FANTASTIC baby showers hosted by our friends and co-workers
May - received the biggest blessing in our lives to date, Caroline Grace Israel was born!!
June - Caroline and I learned a lot about each other as it was the first time I was alone with her all day after my mom left and Adam went back to work
July - Caroline stayed in her crib in her own room for the first time. She also smiled for the first time
August - Adam played "Mr. Mom" for the month while I went back to work. I also resigned from my job. Caroline started sleeping through the night. Adam and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary
September - Adam started his dream job :)
October - Caroline's first Halloween
November - Caroline was baptized, first Thanksgiving, first road trip/first time to leave the state
December - first Christmas AND Caroline's first tooth finally broke the surface of her gums!! We discovered it on New Year's Eve. My sweet girl is starting the new year with teeth!!!

What an amazing year it has been. We hope that 2011 is fantastic and that we continue to be blessed. I wonder what I will be saying this time next year... We have so much to look forward to - C will crawl, walk and say some words this year. Adam has a fun trip to Vegas planned in April. We are planning a family beach trip sometime this summer. Caroline will be turning one in the spring! Several of our friends are getting married and we're excited to celebrate with them. Maybe 2011 we'll think about adding to our family, maybe :) Maybe we'll finally finish decorating our house. Who knows?? All I know is that 2011 is already off to a great start and we couldn't be more excited to see what is in store for us!!

Finally - here are some pictures of our baby during the last days of 2010.



No comments: