Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's going on over here...

Adam told me that after the first of year we could hit the ground running when it came to house projects. Poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into!! We are going to be super busy over the next few of months. I have a self imposed deadline of March 31 for getting bedrooms in order (nursery, big girl room, and ours). I'm pretty sure that this baby is coming in April and I'd really love to enjoy (or just try to be as not miserable as possible...) the last month. The rest of the stuff can be finished whenever but hopefully by the end of the summer.

I have taped off the current guest room/soon to be nursery. Once we remove the window treatments, outlet covers, and cover the furniture we will start painting. Our plan is to paint this weekend!! I have all the bedding picked out for the nursery but won't order that until the end of the month. Since it's brand new, it's not on sale but a little birdie told me that there might be a sale at the end of the month. We have all the furniture we need for the new nursery including a new twin bed! I still haven't picked out the bedding for that bed yet but it will probably be plain white with accent pillows that match the crib bedding.

We have big plans for C's current room. This will remain her room and just transition to a big girl/guest room. I have the bedding picked out and once I decide on which shams I want, I will go ahead and order. It's so cute and I know it will look great in the room. I have a nightstand for her that we will strip and paint and put new hardware on. We are also building a bookshelf and a cornice box for the window. We are looking a dresser that we can have distressed and painted so if you happen to be selling a dresser, let me know!

We finally got our bedding on our bed as well as bedside lamps. I have fabric to cover to bench once I find that. I need to frame a few pictures and art and also find some window treatments and then our room will finally be done.

Other house projects include: hanging our new window treatments in the living room (they have already been made and are here we just have to get them up!), find a new floor lamp for the living room, paint the laundry room (which will be done in the same color as C's big girl room so it will get completed soon), find fabric for curtains in the kitchen, repaint a bookshelf, find a new buffet for the dining room and work on a gallery wall.

We have lots to do in the next few months but I know that our house will look fantastic once it's all done. Slowly but surely this house is coming together. Our goal is to have it complete by the time we go to sell it :) If anyone wants to come help out you sure are welcome to! Stay tuned, I'll be taking before and during pictures throughout.

No comments: