Friday, January 27, 2012

8 Years and counting...

Tomorrow is a special day for Adam and me. We will have been together for 8 years! Our wedding anniversary is in August, but I still like to celebrate our dating anniversary. We met on a service-learning interim. Although we both went to a very small school and even had a class together, we didn't know each other. The first word that Adam actually said to me was on the plane to San Francisco. He thought I was weird (and still does...) and I thought he was arrogant (still do...only now I lovingly say "confident"). I was only 19 and he was 20. We were babies. I never would have guessed that on that trip we would start a relationship that would be so great.

8 years later and here we are! What an amazing 8 years it has been. Graduating college, going to law school, getting engaged, getting married, getting a dog, buying a house, having a baby, preparing for a second baby...and the list goes on and on. It hasn't always been easy or fun, but it has always been worth it. I cannot wait to see what year 9 holds for us. 9 is my lucky number so I know it will be a good one!

I feel so blessed to have Adam in my life. Not a day goes by where he doesn't make me laugh. Even when we get mad at each other or I am upset about something, he will find a way to make me smile. He works so incredibly hard for our family so that I can stay home with our kids. He goes to work all day, comes home and eats dinner. Then he'll help bathe Caroline and get her pj's on and teeth brushed (no easy feat) and get her into bed. After that he'll go into our bedroom and do some more work. While he'd rather be sitting in the living room or dining room, he lets me watch my trashy Teen Mom 2 or whatever Kardashian show I have DVR'd for the day. True love :) After those long hard days, he will wake me up before he gets into bed because he hasn't had a chance to feel Ann Parker move yet that day and he wants to spend time with both his girls. It melts my heart (although at the time I am not happy because I don't want to be woken up). He truly is the best father.

Adam,

Thank you for 8 beautiful years! I am so proud to be your wife. You are an amazing husband and father. I cannot believe that we've been together for the better part of a decade! I love you more :)

Here are some gems from our early days...


Thankfully I didn't gain the "freshman 15"...too bad I gained the "sophomore 20"


2 comments:

Kelley said...

Love these older pics!! So fun!

Rebecca Beers said...

Yeah!!! San Fran - where the magic happened. You're welcome for not letting Adam kiss you while we were there :) love y'all!!