Monday, January 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 24-26

How can it be week 26 already?? So much left to do... Our little girl has been busy growing and growing! I feel her moving more now, but it's still nothing compared to how much Caroline moved. I went to the doctor last week and everything looked great. She has a strong heartbeat and I measured right on track. My weight gain is not what they want it to be (despite my rather large belly) so I'll have to get an ultrasound at every visit from here on out to make sure that she is growing properly. Luckily, everything looked great on the ultrasound as well. I had to wait a long time to get an ultrasound - which wouldn't be so bad but I brought C with me and if you've ever tried to entertain a 20 month old in a room without toys and/or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you know it's going to end up bad. The only upside to that long wait was that the tech did a quick 4d ultrasound. I didn't get any pictures, just a little peek. It looks like Ann Parker is going to look like her daddy! She's got the Nelson nose (the same nose that Mimi, Uncle Andy, Daddy, and big sister have) and a long face. She was precious and I cannot wait to see her in person in a few short months. I was hoping they could confirm that she was a girl, but once again she was in a horrible position so they couldn't give me 100% confirmation.

Lately I've been craving sandwiches, sweets and fruit. I feel like I eat all the time. As I sit here and type this, I'm finishing off some sour patch kids. Thankfully I can still sleep well. I had such a hard time sleeping with Caroline (she moved all night long) so this has been a nice surprise. I have been "nesting" like crazy but I am so pleased with what we have accomplished so far. Ann Parker's nursery is coming right along. The room has been painted. The crib sheet and skirt are in and the bumper should be here next month. I have ordered a changing pad cover. The light fixture is here and just needs to be hung. We are having a storage unit made and I cannot wait to see it. I just have a few things left to order this week and we should be good. Then it will be time to put everything in place! I'll post pictures once it starts coming together, but so far I just love it.

At my next appointment I will take the glucose test. I failed the first time with Caroline and I am praying that I pass this time around because the long test was horrible! After that appointment, I will only have 2 more two week appointments before I start going every week until she gets here!! I am so excited to meet my precious little girl!

Belly pictures will be posted later tonight!

No comments: