Monday, January 30, 2012

Twenty Months Old!!!

Twenty Months Old - January 23, 2012



Caroline is 20 months old. I cannot believe my baby is coming up on 2 years old! I feel like she's grown up so much lately. I am so excited to see these fun new things she can say and do, but I also want to keep her little forever. She's been talking up a storm. She'll copy most of what we say and all of what we do. She'll pick up on certain words or phrases and repeat them. Last week she was babbling and I said "I know" in response. For the next several days she would constantly go around saying "I know" whether it was an appropriate response or not...most of the time she wasn't responding to anything, she'd just walk right up to me and say "I know!!" We can make out a lot of what she is saying (like "loon" for balloon) but she still babbles most of the time. We occassionally get clear sentences. The other morning we were all playing on our bed. All of the sudden she said "I go down" as clear as can be. Adam and I looked at each other in total disbelief and sure enough Caroline climbed off the bed and went into the living room.

She has gotten pretty good about telling me when she needs a new diaper. She doesn't do it everytime, but even a few times here and there is quite good for her age. She also wakes up dry a few times a week. She has yet to actually use the big girl potty, but she's taking an interest in sitting on it. She isn't ready to really start yet, but it will be coming soon!

In the next month we will be attempting to move her to a big girl bed! I have to be honest about this...I am not ready. The idea of her not in a crib makes me sad. She's still a baby. Only, she's really not and I have to get used to that. You don't want crib mattresses too soft. Firm is better for babies. Caroline has been sleeping on her pillow because she would rather sleep on something softer. She's also incredibly tall and the crib is getting smaller and smaller for this growing girl. I know she will sleep better in a bed but I still haven't figured out how we are going to keep her there. She still cries herself to sleep once or twice a week and I just know that she'll get out of bed on those nights!

Her big girl bedding was backordered but should be in soon. Once those arrive, we'll pick out paint. The rest of her room is slowly coming together as well. I cannot wait to see the finished product...I just hope we have it done before her sister arrives!

Carolines is such an active little girl and she wears this mama out most days! She loves to play with daddy. He throws her around and flips her and she just loves it. It makes me nervous. Surprisingly, she's only had a few bumps and bruises from all the rough play and she doesn't even seem to care. She's one tough cookie! She loves her play kitchen, Baby Stella, Mrs. Potato Head, finger paint, catching and throwing balls, jumping on her trampoline, opening and closing doors, and dancing. Her favorite foods are broccoli, black beans, french fries, barbeque chips, grapes, yogurt, cheese, cereal, m&m's, and veggie straws. We try to get her to eat new things all the time and that's starting to pay off. She now eats spaghetti! She's not a huge fan of juice (I don't give it to her often so that could be why) and prefers milk or water. She loves bath/shower time and loves to brush her teeth. Sleepy Little Alphabet is still a favorite book but she's also starting letting us read a few others.

Happy 20 months sweet Caroline! You are such a wonderful, smart, funny, adorable little girl. You constantly keep us smiling and laughing and thanking God for letting us be your parents. I am so proud of the little girl you have become.



No comments: