Tuesday, December 3, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Days 1-3

I am super behind on blogging...what's new?  I have several posts coming soon so watch out, but in the mean time I am going to start on our 25 Days of Christmas.  This is the first year that Caroline is actually excited about Christmas.  She was excited last year, but this year she gets it.  It is so fun getting to watch her experience the magic!!  I am loving every second!!  Since these years are so limited, I have decided that we are going to do some holiday craft/activity each day to celebrate the season.

Day 1:  Read a Christmas Book

We chose to read 'Santa is Coming to Birmingham' to kick off our December.  The girls loved snuggling up with Daddy to hear about Santa coming to our hometown!

Our countdown to Santa






Day 2: Make an Ornament

Thanks to Pinterest for this one...we made sweet little hand print snowmen ornaments for the tree.  I think they turned out so sweet :)




Day 3:  Host a cookie decorating party!!

We had some of our most favorite friends over for a cookie decorating party this morning.  What a fun time we had!!  In total, we had 14 kids decorating cookies and playing with every toy in the house.  I think we are going to have to make this a tradition!!

We had tins ready for guests to take home their creations.








My friends are truly amazing and they have the sweetest kids in the whole city and it was such a joy to have them over this morning.

We cannot wait to keep celebrating the 25 Days of Christmas!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

You've not disappointed me with your fabulous decor! Love it!!!
The handprint ornaments are the cutest! But Hudson's hand won't fit on that kind of ornament anymore :(