Monday, April 26, 2010

Tired and Ready

Tomorrow I will be 34 weeks pregnant - just 6 weeks until due date. I don't think she'll make it until then, but we'll try :) At this point, I am just tired and ready!! It's hard to get comfortable so I can't sleep at night. My feet often swell to double their size. It's not too pretty. Friday night we ended up in the hospital again. I was having contractions that were 8 minutes apart. We decided to call the on call doctor and see what she wanted me to do. I was told to eat something and drink plenty of water and rest for 30 minutes and then call back. Nothing helped so off we went. I had a few strong contractions that were 3 minutes apart once I was hooked up to the monitors. They gave me a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions. It was nice to not have any contractions...but the medicine made me feel awful!! Finally at 2 AM they let me leave and get some sleep in my own bed. I know she'll come when she is ready and I know that 34 weeks is a little too early...but I'm just ready for this little girl to get here!! No pictures for tonight...but I will have nursery pictures in the next couple of days!!! It's just about done - and it's sooo cute!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Bless you! It's so not fun at this point-- keep those feet up and dream of that sweet baby while you can sleep-- I know you can't now, but you can more so now than when she gets here-- but oh, those hours during the night, when it's just you and her, are the sweetest in the world. keep us posted!

Cassie said...

Oh pumpkin, I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I know you are miserable at this point and just ready to have your baby girl in your arms. Take care of yourself, talk to you soon!