Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Seventeen Months Old!!!

Seventeen Months Old - September 20, 2013



A couple weeks ago my little girl turned 17 months old - almost to 1 1/2!!!  Yikes!  This has been quite a month for her - her language has really boomed!  She communicates so well and gets her point across.  I have stopped counting all the words she says because she adds several words each week.  She can say and correctly point to body parts (head, hair, eye, ear, nose, mouth, teeth, cheek, foot, leg, toe, hang, arm, finger, elbow), can identify animals and say their sounds (cow, horse, sheep, dog, cat, frog, snake, duck, chicken, bird, monkey, and a few others), can tell me what she wants to eat (usually always asks for cheese, goldfish, grapes, strawberries (straw-b's), banana (ba ba), and cookie), she points out everything and tells me what it is - even things that I don't know that I have taught her (so I probably didn't and my genius baby just picked these up) like clouds, rain, truck, basket, and several more.  She strings together some words to make little sentences.  It's adorable.  She's so smart!

She is in her last box of size 3 diapers before I move her to a 4.  I am thinking that will be her last size before she is potty trained.  She tells me virtually every time she needs a new diaper and she likes sitting on the potty.  I didn't potty train Caroline until she was 2 1/2, but I think I am going to start with AP just over 1 1/2 and see how it goes.  I don't have high hopes, but who knows?  If she doesn't potty train until 2 1/2 then that's fine too - but she seems to be interested so I am going to give it a go over the holidays!  She is wearing 12-18 month clothes in most brands.  She is is a size 3 shoe, but some 2's and some 4's fit.

She loves being outside - running, swinging, playing in the sand, sliding, going for walks, etc.  She also loves books, blocks, dolls, puzzles, balls, and most other toys.  She really is easy to entertain and is usually a happy girl.

Her favorite shows are Mickey Mouse (Mouse), Sofia the First, and Doc McStuffins.  She also likes Jojo Circus, Roly Poly Olie, and Henry Hugglemonster.  She isn't obsessed with the tv though, like her sister, so that's good.

She usually takes one nap a day for about 1 hour.  She goes to bed at 8 and sleeps until 6:30.  She has had some horrible nights, but I think it's getting better.

She is so sweet and loves to give hugs.  Her favorite people are mommy, daddy, and her Uncle Trey Trey.  Trey isn't really her uncle, but he might as well be!!  He is mommy and daddy's best friend and the girls see him often - which is good because AP walks around most days asking for "Tay Tay."

I know that AP sounds like a genius little girl who is an adorable angel - and she usually is - but she does one heck of a temper.  While she looks a lot like her daddy, her personality is pretty much all mommy (funny because we think C looks more like me but acts just like daddy).  She is quiet and calm on the surface, but it doesn't take much to ruffle her feathers.  She is happy unless she is getting her way - a trait that I will have to take the blame for.  I don't like compromising (although, who really does?) and I am not very flexible.  AP can throw a mean tantrum.  Full on throwing herself to the floor and screaming like a banshee.  It's awesome.  Luckily she has only does this in public once or twice.  I feel like I am a pro in handling it now.  The first time C threw a tantrum in public, I was mortified and swore I was never taking her out again.  Now AP does it, and I don't get embarrassed (everyone has been there) and can usually diffuse it pretty quickly.  I have perfected the "mom look."  Watch out friends - I have arrived.

Ann Parker really is such a joy in our lives.  She makes us smile all the time.  She is smart, sweet, kind, loving, funny, and curious.  Before she was born, I couldn't imagine how I could love a child as much I as love Caroline - but here we are and now I cannot imagine life without her.  I love my girls so much and I am blessed beyond belief.  As much as I want to keep her this age forever, every month is so fun and I cannot wait to experience new things with this little bundle of happiness.

Happy 17 Month birthday precious girl.  What a gift you are!!






1 comment:

Margaretsgaddy said...

Uncle Tay Tay! So sweet. :)