Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fourteen Months Old!!!

Fourteen Months Old - June 20, 2013


My sweet Ann Parker turned fourteen months old!!  When we were out this week someone asked how old she was.  Without even thinking, I said "20 months."  The lady had a puzzled look and said how she was smallest 20 month old she has ever seen.  I corrected myself and we all had a good laugh at my "mommy brain."  Not sure why I said that because she is certainly NOT 20 months old!!

So much has happened with this little girl in the last month!!  First of all - she is getting lots of teeth!  We have had a rough month since about 4 or 5 teeth have decided to come all at once.  No fun, but we are so excited to see her little toothy grin!

Next - her vocabulary is taking off big time!!  When she went for her 1 year checkup, I commented on how her expressive language seems to be slow.  She wouldn't really say anything.  Her reactive language was huge though.  I could say several things and she would respond/react accordingly.  The doctor said not to worry - that second children usually speak later since you aren't focusing all your attention to teaching them words the way you did with your first.  She also explained that usually second children catch on quicker, so it all evens out.  She was right!!  In a period of a few days, I think Ann Parker said about 20 new things!!  She will repeat words that I say, but she can also correctly identify dog, Daisy, cheese, cracker, cupcake, cookie, milk, shoe, hat, up, baby, duck, quack and a few more.  She will say hi and occasionally bye.  She says mama and dada.  She has the sweetest little voice.  Seriously, why are my kids so adorable??

She loves doing puzzles.  She sees Caroline doing them all the time, so it makes sense.  She still loves the same things as last month, being outside, bath time, etc.  She is still a good eater and a good sleeper - not much change in that area.

She is turning into quite the little mama's girl lately and I not so secretly love it.  As we speak she is sitting on my lap while Caroline and Daddy sleep in.  Typical Saturday morning :)

Happy 14 months precious girl!  You are such a sweet little thing and I love getting to spend this time with you!




Literally 30 seconds after entering the room...she knows how to make a mess!





Blurry, but I thought Daisy's face was hysterical


I told AP to smile with Daisy.  This is what I got - a silly face from AP and Daisy  preparing to get hit on the head...again.

AP is great at making a mess.  Each morning we pull out toys and games and this side becomes the "kid" side.

And this side become the "adult" side.  I have to have some where that isn't covered in toys!!  

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Love the little grin in the pic above the one with Daisy!
Precious girl!!!