Friday, February 17, 2012

Daddy's gone...so break out the Cool Whip!!

Adam left for Washington DC this week for his first trial. I know he's having a great time but I already miss him! Caroline misses him too. She asked last night "Where's dada?" like she does at around the same time every day. I told her that he was working like I always do. Several hours later she must have noticed that he never came home so she asked again. I told her that daddy was away but he would come back. We called daddy so she could say hi. As soon as we hung up the phone she burst into tears. It broke my heart!!

This is the longest that Adam has been away since we got married. Every night he usually comes home and plays with Caroline. This gives me some time to get things done, rest, or whatever else I need/want to do. I plan a lot of activities for the mornings but our day slows down after nap time so this also wears her out for bedtime. Since Adam isn't here to do this, I've been coming up with fun things to do each afternoon to wear out some of her infinite energy. After reading my friend Sarah's blog about an activity with shaving cream, I decided to give it a try. I decided to use Cool Whip instead since Caroline still loves putting everything in her mouth. I was so sure that she would love it...


I put some Cool Whip on a cookie sheet and added some food coloring.

I stripped her down and showed her the big glob of fun...she wasn't too impressed.


I should have known that my child, who hates anything on her hands, wouldn't be too excited.


But she was ready to play once I gave her some utensils...gotta keep things off your hands people!


She may or may not have seen mommy eat a huge spoonful and decided to join in...


Something's on my hand - get it off!!


A nice long bath was in order after all this fun! We sure have had fun doing fun, new things but I'm looking forward to having daddy come home and helping me wear her out :)

1 comment:

On Broadway said...

I love it!! Let's get together on Monday!