Monday, September 8, 2014

The girls meet their little brother

Since Harrison was born at 7:38 PM and it took a while before he and I were ready for visitors, the girls did not come to meet him until Wednesday.  He had to be in the RNICU so the meeting was a little bittersweet for me.  The girls came in and then the nurse wheel the little covered bed into the room. He had monitors and an IV attached to him.  Although as minor as it could be, it was still heartbreaking to see my baby like that.  Ann Parker's first question when she saw him was "can he walk?" It certainly helped lighten the mood!

They were both smitten with him, although a little cautious.  Caroline was nervous that she would hurt him.  They both kept saying how cute he was.  It was so precious.  Another sad part of the day...I was still hooked up to IV's and monitors so I couldn't get out of bed.  I will post the part 2 of the birth story so those gaps will be filled in.  Despite the monitors and IV's on baby H and I, it was still wonderful to have all our babies in one room.  I am so in love with these little people and their daddy.  








It was also the first time I got to hold him since right after he was born.  I look horrible, but it was one of the greatest moments so I don't even care.











No comments: