Monday, August 5, 2013

Five Years and Counting

This past Friday Adam and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary.  We have been together for 10 years total!  That is crazy to me!!  We had originally planned to take a big trip for our 5 year, since it's the first real "milestone" year but between Adam's crazy work schedule (he spent a lot of time preparing and at trial this summer), planning for a family beach trip next month, and having to make some necessary repairs to the house in order to sell it, a trip just wasn't going to work out this month.   I am sure a trip in a few months or even after the first of the year will be just as enjoyable though ;)  Things always work out exactly as they are supposed to though.  Adam had worked over 200 hours in the month of July and barely saw the girls.  We decided to celebrate our actual anniversary at home.  He finally got to spend some time with his babies.  I cooked a delicious dinner (seriously, I impressed myself) of steak with a bleu cheese and onion cream sauce, horseradish mashed potatoes, salad, and prosciutto and fig pizza for appetizer.  Our favorite friend, Trey, joined us as well.  Trey read an e.e. cummings poem at our wedding five years ago and is also "Uncle Trey Trey" to our little girls.  Adam surprised me with beautiful flowers and a bottle of Schramsburg Blanc de Blanc - my favorite bubbly and a winery that we visited on our honeymoon.  We also opened the last of our honeymoon wine - a 2006 Chateau Montelena chardonnay.  It was a perfect evening.



On Saturday, Adam's parents came into town.  They watched the girls so we could go out to a child free lunch to La Paz and a drive through the Preserve (we are some crazy kids, I know).  We also got to go out to a child free dinner to The Club and out to drinks at Vittoria.  Our friends Holly and Trey met us out after a while and we a great time.  We came home to a house of sleeping girls and grandparents.  It was another perfect evening!

I was way too busy having fun and enjoying my family and friends to take any pictures of our weekend.  It was such a perfect weekend and I know I will always remember it!

No comments: