Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two weeks (and a few days)

Ann Parker went to the pediatrician for her two week check up yesterday. She weighed 6 lb 1 oz!! That's 1 lb 1 oz that she gained in 10 days!! She is getting only breast milk (although 99% is pumped) so the doctor was quite impressed by her weight gain. She is almost the size of Caroline when she was born.

She is just now fitting into newborn size clothes and diapers. She's so tiny!! She is taking about 2 oz at each feeding. She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and takes 4-5 hour stretches during the night. She's only getting up once during the night!! Last night she was up three or four times, so let's hope that was a fluke.

She is a sweet baby and we all just love her so much!! I can tell that I am calmer this time around, which makes things so much more pleasant. The hormones are worse on me this time though, which makes things less pleasant! :( I go from being so happy looking at my two precious girls to horribly sad that my pregnancy is over and wanting more kids so badly to being so exhausted and drained and feeling like two kids is overwhelming. I know that in a few weeks time I will be settled into a routine and things will be easier, but it is hard right now!

All in all, we are doing good. Some moments are harder than others but that's life. I love Ann Parker so much and think she's the greatest addition to our family!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

She is fantastic, Emily.
The transition from 1 to 2 is definitely more of an adjustment, hang in there-- it does get better.
xoxo k

Alli and Korey said...

I love all the updates! If it makes you feel better going from 1-2 is harder than 2-3 kids : ) but im awfuly hormonal myself these dats too!! Cant tell u how much i LOVZE ann Parkers name !