Sunday, June 15, 2014

Our son

I was in shock when I found out we are having a boy. I was 100% sure it was a girl.  Girls come in threes afterall...  Once we settled into the idea of having a boy, we began to think of the perfect name.  The problem was that none of the previous names we liked seemed to work.  I am always amazed at the people with "stock names." They have a girl name and a boy name and once they find out, they have the name already picked out.  I need to think about THIS baby...not just a hypothetical boy or girl.  It's a longer process for me, and Adam too. 

I have always loved the name Henry. I had a grandfather and a great uncle with that name.  It's become so popular though and I wanted something a little less trendy.  I also had a grandfather named Harry, which I love.  Adam had a grandfather named Harold, so we used the Harry/Harold name as our starting point.

Since this baby will be our last (unless God has other plans, our plan is to be done) and thus our only son, we liked the idea of using part of Adam's name, Adam or Kent.

After much though about our sweet baby, we have decided his name will be.........

Harrison Kent Israel

We cannot wait to meet Harrison in a few more months! 

2 comments:

Anna Beam said...

LOVE his name!! ��

Kelley said...

Wonderful name!! Hs monogram fantastically in the Miami font :)
I HAD to have a name as soon as I knew I was pg each time, but we didn't carry over names.
Hope to see you!