Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Day of PDO

Today was Caroline's last day of PDO - forever.  She will start 3K preschool at Trinity's Child Development Center in the fall.  It will be the same amount days and for the same time, but it just seems so much OLDER. I am in denial that my precious little toddler grew up into a preschooler!!  Yikes!

We got up this morning and got dressed and took the obligatory last day pictures.  She was not into taking pictures and I don't think I got anything great...but here they are.











Her class got a joint gift for the two teachers, but we wanted to send an extra little "happy."  Caroline helped me make some brownies, we got little African violets, and C painted a card and I wrote a note.  The card says, "Thank you for being so sweet and helping me grow!"  I thought I was so clever until I dropped the gifts off...there were probably 10 plants/flowers with notes that said "thank you for helping me grow."  I've got to step in up next year ;)




I did not go in to say good bye to the teachers.  First of all, parents were not invited to the party today so I would have to make a special trip up there when they are right in the middle of carpool.  Second of all, I thought I would get emotional.  As soon as Ms. Marcia put C in the car, she kissed her forehead and said, "I love you.  Have fun in your new class!"  When started to drive away and C asked me, "Is today my last day?"  When I said yes, she started to cry and said, "I don't want new teachers!!"  By this time I was crying...and I continued to cry for the next half hour.  Glad I didn't go in to say good bye...I would have been a wreck.  Between the note I wrote and the email I sent, I think they know how much we love them.  Ms. Marcia and Ms. Barbara have been amazing for Caroline.  She truly loves them like family and I am so sad to leave them.  Hopefully AP will be in their class when she gets to the 2's.

Next year Caroline will be in a different part of the building.  I am so sad to see her PDO days end.  I am excited to start at the beginning with Ann Parker and to see Caroline grow in TCDC!  My sweet Caroline is growing up and I wish I could freeze time.

Here is C on her first day of school this year (September 2012)


And here she is on her first day of PDO in the toddler class (September 2011)



And on her last day of PDO in the toddler class (May 2012)


1 comment:

Anna Beam said...

um I have to say it makes me teary-eyed seeing how much C changed from her first day pic to her last day pic year! When did she get so grown-up?