Friday, May 10, 2013

Going Private

I started blogging as way to keep up with our day to day life - an ongoing scrapbook.  I have stuff saved for baby books, but those don't tell the "whole story."  I guess blogs don't either since I choose what to include and leave out.  All these little moments that I blog about probably are of little interest to anyone but my family and me (and friends and some very nice blog stackers)...so it's always strange when I see I had a visitor from strange places.  Not sure what people from Japan, Argentina, Libya, and countless other countries are doing here.  It's kind of strange.  Also, I noticed that I keep getting a visitor from a small town...I only know one person in that town and she doesn't like me - so why does she want to read my blog?  All that to say, as much as I love that new people find their way here and enjoy seeing my beautiful kids and sweet husband, I feel like I need to protect our privacy.  As my kids get older, less and less of their stories will be mine to tell.  My pregnancies and my experience raising young kids are okay to share, but soon those young kids will be school aged with their own experiences, problems, etc. and it's not fair for them to worry that their lives will pop up on the Internet for all to see, even though my intentions wouldn't be to embarrass.

Within the next several weeks, I will make the blog private.  I will get all your email addresses closer to time, just wanted to give a heads up! I am a big fan of blog stalking, so please don't feel like you can't ask to keep reading!

2 comments:

Jared and Elizabeth said...

Please put me on the list! I love to keep up with your precious family!

cori said...

Well, you know who seattle is!! Keep me in the loop, because I love stalking y'all! Miss you!