Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2013 in Review...

It's freezing today, literally freezing.  We woke up to 8 degree weather and while it has warmed up to 18 at the  moment, we still aren't leaving our warm house.  We couldn't even if we wanted to.  I decided today was a good day to make some soups.  Real soups, like my mom and grandma used to make.  Once I started, I realized that we couldn't leave the house...I have to let one of the soups simmer for almost 3 hours.  These better taste good...:)

I always like looking back at each year to see how far we've come.  It's also fun to imagine where we will be in one year from now.  2013 was a wonderful year for our family and I am sad to see it go, but I know that 2014 has lots of exciting things happening so I anxious to see the adventures of this year!!

January:

Caroline finally joined the Potty Club!!  What a wonderful way to bring in the new year!  Ann Parker was 8 months old (turned 9 months in January) and was starting to get into everything.




February:

February was still pretty cold, so we did lots of fun indoor activites - like Airwalk!!  We had a lovely Valentine's Day.  The girls got some sweet gifts and Adam and I got to go to a delicious dinner just the two of us.



March:

It started to get warm so we took advantage and spent plenty of time outdoors.  Caroline's school had spring break, and we spent the week having lots of play dates with our friends.



April:

Ann Parker turned ONE!!  We celebrated with a "bee-utiful" birthday party!


May:

Caroline turned THREE!!  We spent her actual birthday playing with her favorite friend, Sydney.  She had a fun park party the week before.  Adam and I got to sneak away to Renyold's Plantation for a weekend.






June:

We spent a lot of time outside playing and soaking up the summer!  Ann Parker still took long naps each afternoon so Caroline and I got lots of quality time, which we usually spent sitting outside eating ice cream.



July:

July was a fun month!  We celebrated the 4th of July, went to the lake with friends, and watched the birth of the new prince. They even wore London shirts to share their excitement!!
 

August:

Adam turned 30 and I threw a surprise party for him.  We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  Caroline started taking ballet and soccer.


September:

Caroline and Ann Parker both started school.  Caroline also started choir and had her first soccer game.  I turned 29!





October:

Caroline had soccer games almost every weekend, which we loved going to watch.  We went to the pumpkin patch and were lucky enough to have Mimi and Papa join us.  Both girls had their Halloween parties at school and we had a great time trick or treating and participating in all the fun Halloween activities!



November:

Both girls had their Thanksgiving programs at school.  We drove to Jackson, MS to spend Thanksgiving with my sister.  We took the girls to see Disney on Ice, which they loved.  Adam had a big trial in Washington, DC and we missed him terribly!  The girls and I went to the Veteran's Day Parade and cheered on our Vet's!





December:

I had a crazy idea to do a Christmas activity every day.  While fun for the kids, it turned me into a crazy person because I felt that I had to get things done.  Not my finest month...  We had a wonderful Christmas and saw many of our friends and wonderful families.  We ate, laughed, made memories, and spent time together and a good time was had by all!


Wow!  What a year!!  I am so excited to see what wonderful things will happen in 2014!  Stay tuned...

No comments: