Saturday, August 4, 2012

My first baby

If you knew me before I had kids, you probably know that I treated Daisy like my baby. I was obsessed. I threw her a birthday party when we had her for one year. After C came along I toned down the obsession a bit, but she is certainly still our baby.

Last year at her teeth cleaning she had to have 16 teeth pulled. Yes, you read that right. Beagles have bad teeth combined with her age and the fact that as a rescue dog she wasn't getting good dental care in her early years meant infected teeth that had to go. I was dreading her appointment this year. I was worried she would have no teeth left!!!

After I dropped her off at the vet I spent the day anxiously waiting for the vet to call and let me know how it went after she woke up. After 5 long hours they called to say that had ZERO teeth pulled!!! She did great! What a relief! I know Daisy is pleased as well.

My baby post teeth cleaning

No comments: